Thursday 27 December 2012

My Christmas Experience !!!!

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and hope Santa was good to you all. I am really interested how people all over the world spent their Christmas day, So today's post is my experience of Christmas Day and I would love to hear from you all as to how you spent yours. I hope you all enjoy and get involved sharing your experiences : ) !!!
Christmas Day
I am a huge fan of Christmas and love everything about it, especially getting together with all the family and sharing stories, laughter and most of all some good beer. There is nothing better in my eyes than spending the day in the company of your closest family and friends, enjoying a nice cold beer and watching some TV as well as other activities. I am also a huge fan of everything that comes with Christmas, the Tree, sharing presents, watching the ones you love receive your gifts and the joy that this brings them, this is for me the most rewarding part of Christmas. I do think that we are in an age now where the material aspect of Christmas has taken over from the key message of Christmas, sharing the day with your family, however it is still a great feeling watching people opening their gifts and the happiness that these gifts can bring people.
This Christmas I was privileged to wake up to a wonderful view, grabbed myself a nice hot cup of coffee and jump under the duvet in front of a nice open fire. An open fire is a rare treat for someone who spends most of their year in a city, where there is no fire at all, so being in the country with the warming, close and cozy feeling that comes with the fire was a great treat. After a while we sat around and opened our gifts, which was great, not necessarily just because we were receiving gifts but to see the faces and gratitude from those closest, making you feel great about the gifts that you have put thought into buying. After the presents were opened and shared between us, the main event needed to get underway, of course i'm referring to Christmas Dinner. This is something that takes a long time to prepare and get ready, with the Ham, Turkey and all the trimmings but is something that we all seem to look forward to most all year round. I have to say it never disappoints and this year was no exception, a really great meal shared and some great beer to go with it. Once dinner was done, everyone stuffed and unable to move, we all retreat back to the living room, open fire and just chill out. This for me was just the perfect day and perfect way to spend Christmas Day.

I have shared with you how I spent my day and would love to hear from you all, from all over the world, how you spent yours. I am really interested in how different parts of the world celebrated this day, but most of all I want to know what beer people enjoyed over the festive period.

I look forward to hearing from you all and the more of you that get involved in this the better. Just leave your experiences in the comment box below, don't be shy, share all.

I also want to thank everyone for the support we have received on the blog over the last couple of months that we have been around and would like to keep this going for the new year also. We aim to continue the blog as it is, with some added extras along the way of course : ) !!!!

Shane



No comments:

Post a Comment